samedi 14 avril 2012

Cathedral of Canterbury

 
We are in April and I finally visited the Cathedral !!!

The Cathedral was built in 597 by St Augustin who came in Kent to convert English to Christianism (oh I remember something about my Anglo-Saxon coursework... Amazing!!!) 
I suppose that you wonder about this mysterious flag.... I don't really have informations about it except that in Greek the letter I and X mean J and C, the initial of Jesus Christ... If someone have more information, let me know...



Then I went inside, it was splendid! I didn't think that it was so big!
I was lucky to hear the choir of Canterbury, but unfortunately, visitors couldn't watch them, and a part of the cathedral was partly closed so I stayed more than 20min inside, only to hear them, I don't know why, but I was transported.

So... just listen! and tell me, what you think about it.





This is the nave of the Cathedral that I visited after the choir time. When listened the choir , I can also listen the organ without seeing it. So I asked to a guide who showed me that the organ was on a kind of balcony or gallery. A little bit disappointed that the organ is not more put in evidence.

The cathedral welcomes different isolated chapels in which people can pray.








Outside, the cathedral erects between gardens and ruins. This afternoon, the sun illuminated the Cathedral, it was beautiful outside and inside!







 I finished my visit with the cloister and its wonderful vaults.



I leave you with the bells of the Cathedral. Enjoy!

See you soon,

Love <3

1 commentaire:

  1. i love that choir very impressing
    still nice photos
    and the bells; you know i love listening to the bells on sunday mornings; I know this one was for me... flying with the bells...(inside joke hihihi)
    mum

    RépondreSupprimer